Through our Gen Re Business School we offer comprehensive training programmes for underwriters and claims assessors to help them develop their theoretical knowledge and practical expertise. On successful completion of a course programme, participants will receive a CII accredited certificate qualifying them as professional underwriter/claims assessor.
- Medical Underwriting Programme
- Certified Underwriting Specialist (CII CPD accredited programme)
- Underwriting Advanced Level – Medical Expertise in Underwriting (CII CPD accredited programme)
- Underwriting Advanced Level – Professional Communication in Underwriting (CII CPD accredited programme)
- Underwriting Advanced Level – Process Management in Underwriting (CII CPD accredited programme)
- Underwriting Advanced Level – Mental Health in Underwriting (Applied for CII CPD accreditation)
- Claims Assessment Programme
- CCS – Certified Claims Assessment Specialist (CII CPD accredited programme)
All programmes comprise a combination of course attendance and guided self-study at home. Self-study consolidates and supplements the subjects which were addressed during the seminar weeks. Via our e-learning system participants will process sample cases and answer questions related to the respective topics. The courses take place in Cologne, Germany and are conducted in English.
Gen Re's cooperation partner: The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
The Business School programmes have been accredited by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) under its Continuous Professional Development Accreditation Programme. As the premier professional organisation for those working in the insurance and financial services industry, the CII's qualifications and associated continuous professional development (CPD) programmes are universally recognised. Accreditation by the CII provides an external validation, from a worldwide industry recognised body, of the high standard of the training we provide.
The Gen Re Business School publishes Underwriting Focus and Claims Focus, two newsletters for the international market that address medical and non-medical topics with relevance to the everyday work of underwriters/claims assessors.
Contact: Mirko von Haxthausen, Head of Gen Re Business School, +49 221 9738 156 or firstname.lastname@example.org.