Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Our Asia Pacific Property and Casualty Treaty Underwriting Unit is seeking to appoint a qualified professional to be based in our Singapore office as a Treaty Underwriter.
You are a Singapore-based member of the Asia Pacific Property and Casualty Treaty Underwriting Team supporting the region. You will report to the Asia Pacific Treaty Chief Underwriter and will work in close collaboration with our Asia Pacific Business Development Team to develop profitable treaty business.
- Underwrite, model and price treaties
- Review contracts and submissions for accuracy and appropriateness relative to corporate policies and standards
- Review assumptions, expectations and results in order to enhance underwriting quality
- Work in conjunction with business development executives to create new solutions/products, and support the strategy implementation
- Act as advisor on underwriting related/line of business specialty and related industry issues
- Participate in regional and international initiatives and projects
- Good academic background and/or professional insurance qualifications
- Strong numerical competency
- Strong analytical skills with an inquisitive disposition
- Demonstrated solid (re-)insurance underwriting experience
- Property underwriting experience (advantageous)
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the regional insurance and reinsurance markets and trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build rapport and influence at all levels
- Strong team player
- Willingness to travel for business
We offer you a
- highly professional working environment that values excellence, integrity, personal responsibility, diversity and optimism
- flat management hierarchy and team-based environment that promote collaboration and free-flowing communication
- performance-based remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualifications, and market competitive benefits
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, we look forward to receiving your application via our website www.genre.com/careers or email firstname.lastname@example.org.