SAP Technical Analyst
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re currently offers an excellent opportunity for an SAP Technical Analyst in our Stamford, CT office or performed remotely for appropriately qualified individual within the Information Technology Unit.
The SAP Technical Analyst position is a critical position within the Global Platform Services organization. Key responsibilities include supporting the existing SAP High Availability environments as well as ongoing development initiatives. We are in the process of Cloud Migration and HANA transformation for all SAP Workloads and this position will be crucial in establishing a sound foundation for future program initiatives.
Candidate must have a strong background in SAP technology. The candidate must be highly collaborative, organized and analytical, strategic thinker, good trouble shooting skills and is expected to partner with support vendors and other team members on an ongoing basis.
- Ensures reliability and responsiveness of the global SAP environment, specially focused but not limited to Non-ABAP environment, which includes SAP Data Services (BODS) and majority of the SAP NW JAVA Stacks (PI/PO, NWDI, BPA/CPS etc.)
- Collaborates with various technical teams in championing and implementing proactive monitoring tools both at the SAP Application layer and at the Cloud Infrastructure layer.
- Collaborates with SAP Functional and Technical teams to assess the impact and estimate the work packages for any new requests, specially focused but not limited to BPA jobs, BODS dataflows, PI/PO integration points etc.
- Perform technical analysis and coordinate with Solution Manager team for seamless CTS+ integration of Non-ABAP systems like SAP BPA, BODS and enabling key SolMan Modules like End User Monitoring, Scope & Effort Analyzer(SEA) ABAP Test Cockpit etc.
- Proactively review EWA reports and recommend any security / performance optimization avenues for the SAP environment.
- Promote and leverage SAP Solution Manager Monitoring capabilities by integrating PI/PO message monitoring, BPA & BODS Job monitoring and Cloud Monitoring Extensions for SAP.
- Monitor and perform daily system health checks using SAP tools like HANA Cockpit, HANA Studio, Sybase Cockpit, SolMan System Monitoring etc.
- Collaborates effectively with other team members in advance diagnosis and perform troubleshooting in areas like Basis System administration, initial configuration/setup, system refresh, technical upgrades and enhancements.
- Coordinates with Infrastructure teams to identify potential gaps and provide technical recommendations where appropriate to improve overall throughput for SAP workloads in cloud.
- Active participation in Disaster Recovery tests and architectural discussions to support new requirements for SAP environment.
- Work with various vendors and project teams to support the delivery of longer-term initiatives and projects.
- Work efficiently with both onshore/offshore support models.
- 7+ years of experience on SAP Basis administration role.
- 5+ years of working experience working with SAP HANA, Sybase, Oracle and SAP JAVA Admin tools like NWA, Config tool, Visual Admin etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent work experience.
- SAP HANA and NetWeaverAdministration Certifications.
- Experience running, administering and monitoring SAP workloads in Azure cloud.
- Familiar with Azure concepts such as Self-healing, HA/DR, ALBs, Availability sets/zones, NSGs, RBAC, Express route, VNet etc. to ensure a resilient, secure and optimized SAP workloads.
- Have good architectural understanding of SAP’s newer technologies like S/4, HANA Dynamic Tiering, HANA MDC etc.
- 4+ years of experience working with integrating SAP and non-SAP instances, that may also include legacy systems.
- 4+ years of experience in setting up Encryption/SSL, Certificates including PGP encryption.
- Knowledge of networks, Firewalls, VPNs, encryption, Webservices, SFTP.
- 4+ years of experience with PI/PO related activities namely, Cache Monitoring, running the AAE configuration wizards, SXMB* screens etc.
- Experience working with Sybase, Oracle & HANA DB - performing routine development and DBA activities (schema definition, PL/SQL, stored procedures, triggers, installs, upgrades, performance tuning, shell scripting, maintenance, patching, etc.).
- Experience articulating, designing and deploying resilient High Availability (HA) SAP solutions in both scale-up or scale-out models.
- Ability to lead troubleshooting efforts across technical teams from various disciplines.
- Experience installing, running and troubleshooting SAP Applications on Azure Hypervisor.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, debug, and resolve performance issues.
- Experience in the following SAP modules/components: ECC, SoH, NetWeaver, GTS, GRC, SolMan, BPA/CPS and BODS.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and direct the efforts of vendors and their consultants located globally.
- The following are not essential, but are highly valued;
- Experience with SAP S/4HANA platform
- Demonstrated ability to configure and deploy HA Cluster solutions like pacemaker, SIOS DataKeeper
- Travel to Stamford, CT if or as needed.
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, please send your resume to Linda Dalesio in Human Resources: email@example.com