Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Our Asia Life/Health Unit is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified professional to be based in our Singapore office as a Senior Underwriter. Suitable candidates based in any of our other Asia locations may also be considered.
You are a member of the Asia Life/Health team contributing to the development and profitability of our business in Asia. You have medical and financial underwriting and claims assessment responsibilities and will be involved in underwriting development and research, product development and knowledge enhancement initiatives.
- Underwriting for medical, financial and special risks within the scope of assigned underwriting limits
- Claims assessment and approval within the scope of assigned claim limits
- Assist in underwriting and claims review of Asia clients and Gen Re Asia branches
- Conduct research on clients‘ needs, collect and consolidate data on underwriting and claims development from the Asia markets
- Keep track of developments in the relevant markets to help establish solutions or opportunities with the marketing team
- Assist the actuarial team to monitor portfolio experience and make recommendations for product design change
- Participate in activities related to internal and external training programmes
- Participate in regional and international initiatives and projects
- Relevant qualification with 8‑10 years prior work experience in a life insurance or reinsurance company with good knowledge of one or more of the Asian markets
- Sound medical knowledge and exposure to life, disability and health insurance products an advantage
- Professional life insurance qualifications such as FALU or similar life underwriting qualifications desirable
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of English, both written and spoken
- Knowlege of a second Asian language desirable
- Able to work independently as well as a strong team player
We offer you a
- highly professional and inclusive work environment that values excellence, integrity, personal responsibility and the unique talent of each employee
- flat management hierarchy and team-based environment that promote collaboration and free-flowing communication
- market competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualifications, with a comprehensive suite of employee benefits
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, we look forward to receiving your application via our website.