Data Analytics Associate (Contract)
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Our Asia Life/Health Unit is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified professional to be based in our Hong Kong office as a Data Analytics Associate (Contract). Suitable candidates in Singapore may also be considered to be based in the Singapore office.
You are a member of the Asia Life/Health team responsible for providing support for experience analysis and related actuarial/analytics activities for our client companies in Asia. This is a contract role with a minimum term of one year. There is more than one vacancy and successful candidates will be assigned to the respective projects, depending on suitability and candidate interest. The role is open to both Hong Kong and Singapore based candidates.
- Conduct analysis and experience studies to support the development of best estimates and reference tools
- Provide results presentations to external clients and interpretation to internal stakeholders
- Provide support in portfolio monitoring, keep track of products development and work closely with other stakeholders
- Provide support to other projects related to data analytics as assigned from time to time
- Degree in Actuarial Science, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Data Science
- At least 2 years work experience; prior experience in an actuarial capacity or in a data analytics role in the insurance industry would be advantageous
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of RDBMS such as SQL is essential
- Knowledge of statistical software, such as R, Python or SAS and visualization tool such as Power BI would be advantageous
- Experience in handling large volumes of data
- High proficiency in written and spoken English
- Fluent Mandarin is advantageous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently as well as a strong team player
We offer you a
- highly professional and inclusive work environment that values excellence, integrity, personal responsibility and the unique talent of each employee
- flat management hierarchy and team-based environment that promote collaboration and free-flowing communication
- market competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualifications, with a comprehensive suite of employee benefits
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, we look forward to receiving your application via our website.