Property Claim Executive
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re currently offers an excellent opportunity for a Property Claim Executive in our New York, NY office or performed remotely for appropriately qualified individual.
The Property Claim Executive manages claims arising from the Property line of business. The Property Claim Executive protects Gen Re’s fiduciary interest and serves as an internal and external client resource by providing comprehensive claim knowledge and experience.
We are seeking a claims professional with a minimum 8 years of experience in handling property claims with extensive experience in commercial property losses, CAT planning experience and CAT loss claims handling to join our team. The ideal candidate will work well independently, but also enjoys working as a part of our team. Position responsibilities include the following:
- Handle claims from commencement to resolution in accordance with Gen Re claims procedures and guidelines including file documentation, preparation of loss reports, timely reserving and claim payments.
- Timely and frequent communication with clients to deliver “value added” service that enables clients to achieve better results through improved technical expertise and operational efficiency including;
- assisting in the development of property damage estimates
- conducting claims reviews
- participating in roundtables on claims strategies
- Identifying and recommending vendors to clients to achieve successful claims resolutions
- assisting clients in CAT preparedness
- and conducting training sessions.
- Maintain Cat loss experience reports
- Frequent and timely communication with other Gen Re business units including underwriting, marketing, actuarial and the Gen Re senior management team.
- Present to Gen Re management and client companies on high exposure matters and emerging property trends.
- College degree.
- Advanced degree and/or industry designation (CPCU, etc.) preferred.
- Minimum eight years in the insurance/reinsurance industry managing high-exposure property claims.
- Performance in a claim leadership position is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong team player and able to build productive working relationships inside and outside of Claims.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytic skills.
- Strong organizational skills; accurate and detailed-oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).