Claims Specialist / Senior Claims Specialist
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
General Reinsurance, London Branch (a subsidiary of General Reinsurance AG) is offering an excellent opportunity for a Claims Specialist/Senior Claims Specialist in our London Office.
This position reports to the Head of Claims UK & Ireland for the Life/Health Team. The role is responsible for the delivery of the Gen Re claims proposition in the UK and Ireland. This includes, but is not limited to, the assessment of reinsurance liability, supporting product, process and philosophy development, training development and delivery, audit activities, as well as representing the company by way of presentations and seminars at various Gen Re and industry meetings and conferences as requested.
The Claims Management team exists to assist in the Company’s management of profitable reinsurance business. It does this by:
- Making correct claims decisions including which claims are valid & which are not valid, as well as identifying rehabilitation potential.
- Undertaking focussed research, which will generate competitive advantage through superior understanding of risk.
- Creating an image of the company as a thought leader through client meetings, articles and presentations.
- Monitoring and supporting client claims management practices and ensuring they remain rigorous.
- Contribute to the assessment and administration of claims from a variety of product lines, including Life, Critical Illness and Disability Claims according to the Gen Re Claims philosophy and standards
- Monitoring and supporting client claims management practices and ensuring they remain rigorous
- Provide Claims support to the new treaty quotation process
- Conduct client audits, evaluate procedures and suggest potential improvements
- Build on the existing relationships of the Gen Re Claims Team’s Internal and External Clients
- Conduct research and remain up to date with latest claims trends across the globe
- Produce articles and presentations for Gen Re publications and events
- Maintain Industry involvement through membership of relevant industry committees
- Previous experience working in a Life Health Team at an insurer or reinsurer (3+ years)
- Experience and knowledge of dealing with life, critical illness and disability claims
- University degree and/or relevant work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to produce quality work in a timely manner
- Ability to work both independently, and in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in challenging situations, multi-task, flexible, adaptable and self starter
- Strong attention to details
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Experience reviewing and developing internal and external processes
- Philosophy development and implementation
- Conducting internal and/or external quality assurance
- Excellent knowledge of the UK Insurance market
Additional relevant information
- Ability to travel occasionally within the UK and Ireland required (when allowed)
Does this sound exciting?
Please submit your CV together with details of your salary expectations to the email address below for the attention of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 21 February 2021
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.