IT Auditor (d/f/m) in Internal Audit
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
For our Unit Global Finance we are seeking to appoint an IT Auditor (d/f/m) in Internal Audit based in our Cologne office starting as early as possible.
Do you want to leverage your experience in IT and digitalization in global audit projects? Are you curious about risks and opportunities in AI, RPA and cloud-services? Do you want to enrich your IT expertise with business insights? Become a member of Global Internal Audit, where exciting and challenging tasks await you.
- Autonomously planning, coordinating, and executing audits and internal control testing (Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Compliance Program) with focus on IT
- Preparing audit reports, communicating results, and monitoring the implementation of agreed measures in close cooperation with the audit client
- Acting as sparring partner for the audited business units and as IT expert within Audit
- Providing value-adding advice to the business on how to improve the system of governance, risk management system/ICS, as well as operational processes or structures
- Developing and improving audit methods and concepts as well as contributing to the development of the Audit Universe
- University degree in information technology/Business Informatics or comparable, a qualification like CISA will be beneficial
- Long-standing and up-to-date experience (min. 4 years) in the area of IT-related topics combined with a genuine interest in Business Process Controls in financial services, (re)insurance preferred
- Up-to-date experience in internal/external IT-related audits such as SAP systems, Client-Server databases (SQL, Oracle), and Operating Systems (Linux, Windows, Mainframe) as well as experience in related frameworks/guidance (VAIT, COSO, COBIT 5 , NIST FFIEC); professional experience in cyber, cloud, agile development methods, and data analytics are a plus
- Ability to present complex topics in an easy-to-understand manner as well as to see the big picture
- Willingness to travel
We offer you
- An international and highly professional working environment in a central location in Cologne.
- A pleasant working environment with flat hierarchies and a friendly and cooperative corporate culture.
- Attractive benefits, e.g. flexible working hours, company pension scheme, job ticket, underground parking, daycare facility for children, canteen and in-house sports activities.
If you want to shape your future with us, we look forward to receiving your complete application including your salary expectations and the earliest starting date.
Click here to download our job posting as PDF file.
Ellen Sistermann, HR Manager
+49 221 9738 547