Identity and Access Management Lead
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re currently offers an excellent opportunity for an Identity and Access Management Lead in our Stamford, CT office.
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Lead leverages extensive experience in identity systems and security to develop strategies and implement optimal identity and access solutions. The IAM lead serves as the principle architect / engineer and manages a global team of FTEs and consultants who support the IAM systems and services.
Candidate must have strong hands-on technical acumen, and must demonstrate expertise in identity architectures, technologies and risks. Candidate must be highly collaborative and is expected to partner effectively with other teams on an ongoing basis.
- Applies strong logic and principles-based reasoning to define solutions and justify proposals.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of the information security strategy.
- Works closely with other IT leads to ensure that Identity and Access Security is appropriately addressed in the definition, design, implementation and operation of all IT services, systems and platforms.
- Researches, designs and advocates for relevant IAM architectures and solutions supporting security requirements of the enterprise, its customers, business partners and vendors.
- Specifies requirements, policies and technologies for enterprise IDM
- Maintains familiarity with IT security vulnerabilities, threats, exploits and mitigations.
- Acts as a key member of the Gen Re CSIRT
Experience/Skills (5–10 year)
- Strong conceptual thinking and communication skills - the ability to translate complex business and technical requirements into effective and comprehensible solutions.
- Extensive familiarity with NIST and ISO security practice frameworks.
- Extensive hands-on experience with IAM technologies, standards and practices (e.g. LDAP, x509, Kerberos, RBAC, Privileged Access Management, Radius, SAML, OAuth2, OpenID connect, Multi-factor Authentication, Single-sign-on)
- Extensive hands-on expertise with Active Directory and Group Policy management
- Extensive hands-on experience operating one or more Federation technologies (e.g. ADFS, Ping, Okta)
- Experience with cloud identity platforms and services (e.g. Azure AD, AWS IAM)
- Familiarity with SAP IAM
- Expertise with certificate management and PKI services.
- Expertise with securing cloud and mobile identities.
- Excellent problem diagnosis abilities
- Proficiency with scripting/programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Powershell)
- Familiarity with international data privacy and U.S. HIPPA regulations and best practices.
- Familiarity with security-specific architecture methodology (e.g. SABSA).
- Familiarity with a relevant enterprise architecture methodology (e.g. Zachman Framework, TOGAF).
- The following are not essential, but are highly valued:
- Professional experience in application or infrastructure penetration testing
- Demonstrable experience creating, securing and managing Cloud infrastructures (e.g. AWS, Azure, Openstack)
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Professional security management certification, such as a ISC(2) Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), SANS GIAC Information Security Professional (GISP), GIAC-Security Expert (GSE), or GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), IMI Certified Identity Management Professional (CIMP), Certified Identity and Access Manager (CIAM).