Pricing and Marketing Actuary
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Our Asia Life/Health Unit is seeking a suitably qualified professional to be based in our Hong Kong office as a Pricing and Marketing Actuary.
You are a member of the Hong Kong Life/Health team contributing to the development and profitability of our business in Hong Kong. You having pricing and account management responsibilities for assigned clients.
- Support the planning, development and implementation of Gen Re’s marketing strategies
- Identify business opportunities and develop new products
- Prepare reinsurance quotations
- Research and price newly developed products
- Support the negotiation and preparation of reinsurance contracts
- Develop and build strong client relationships
- Participate in regional and international initiatives and projects
- A qualified or nearly qualified actuary
- 3–5 years prior work experience in a life insurance or reinsurance company with sound knowledge of the Hong Kong market
- Solid actuarial knowledge with product pricing background
- Experience in developing protection-type products advantageous
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of English, both spoken and written
- Fluent Cantonese advantageous
- Able to work independently as well as a strong team player
We offer you a
- highly professional and inclusive work environment that values excellence, integrity, personal responsibility and the unique talent of each employee
- flat management hierarchy and team-based environment that promote collaboration and free-flowing communication
- market competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualifications, with a comprehensive suite of employee benefits
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, we look forward to receiving your application via our website.