Claim Executive – GenStar
Shape Your Future With Us
General Star is a premier specialty and surplus lines provider, underwriting specialty property and casualty (P&C) insurance for risks with more difficult exposures. It markets its products through appointed wholesale brokers and managing general agents (MGAs) in the U.S. General Star is a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. General Re Corporation is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide.
We currently offer an excellent opportunities for a Claim Executive in our Atlanta, GA or Chicago, IL office.
The Claim Executive is responsible for handling litigated and non-litigated casualty claims from inception to closure in accordance with the Company’s and the Industry’s best claims practices.
- The Claim Executive will be responsible for providing high level technical claim handling and support to GenStar clients and insureds. Specifically, the Claim Executive mitigates losses, addresses and resolves coverage issues and when appropriate, provides guidance and advice to internal and external clients and insureds.
- The Claim Executive handles all claims in a proactive manner properly addressing all coverage issues, liability and damages to timely set reserves and mitigate the exposures.
- The Claim Executive prepares prompt, thorough and articulate reports for clients, insureds and management and provides GenStar underwriters with valuable client information and intelligence.
- The Claim Executive maintains adjuster licenses where required, is current with all continuing education requirements and attends internal and external industry-related educational programs.
- The Claim Executive adheres to the Company’s technical and administrative standards/guidelines and remains current on industry standards/guidelines and legal decisions that impact claim handling and exposures.
- The Claim Executive attends settlement conferences and/or mediations, ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolutions) and trials as warranted.
- The Claim Executive is expected to travel as necessary and as required by the Company.
- A minimum of 10 years insurance technical claim handling experience.
- Undergraduate college degree.
- Demonstrates excellence in:
- Verbal and written communications;
- Time management;
- Claims judgement;
- Business acumen;
- Organizational skills;
- Interpersonal skills; and
- Analytical skills.
- Industry designations/course work a plus