Data Science Manager (d/f/m)
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
For our Unit Life/Health Global Underwriting and Research & Development we are seeking to appoint a Data Science Manager (d/f/m) based in our Cologne office starting as early as possible.
- Lead the maturing of our activities in the area of Advanced Analytics
- Manage a small team of analysts/data scientists
- Apply methods from the field of analytics based on diverse life or health (re)insurance data in collaboration with the responsible account managers and analysts globally to generate data-driven insights which result in optimizing our revenue and bottom line
- Work together with actuaries to apply and evaluate statistical/analytical models and data mining methods to optimize existing studies and systems
- Offer support and strengthen methodological skills in data analytics for our network of international branches by sharing experience, best practices, and holding workshops for analysts
- Collaborate with IT and the business segments as we move to the Cloud and integrate, RStudio Server Pro, dashboards and other tools into our daily work
- Consult within R&D and with IT on system and infrastructural requirements
- Present statistical methods as well as the results generated by the application of such methods to internal and external audiences
- Successfully completed degree in mathematics, statistics or economics or a comparable academic background with equivalent expertise in mathematics and statistics
- Several years of professional experience in the field of data science including AI, preferably in insurance or financial services
- Strong methodological know-how and proven expertise in various data mining and state-of-the-art machine learning methods
- Expert skills in R, experience in TensorFlow or similar, and ideally near full-stack experience in implementing analytical use cases (conceptual design, POC, implementation and transfer to production)
- Familiarity with the handling of big data, in-memory technologies and analyses for real-time control is desirable
- Interest and ability to tie the academics of data science to the practicalities of insurance business and strong execution skills
- A very good level of English
- People management skills would be advantageous
We offer you
- An international and highly professional working environment in a central location in Cologne.
- A pleasant working environment with flat hierarchies and a friendly and cooperative corporate culture.
- Attractive benefits, e.g. flexible working hours, company pension scheme, job ticket, underground parking, daycare facility for children, canteen and in-house sports activities.
Then we are looking forward to receiving your complete application stating your desired salary and earliest possible starting date.
Click here to download our job posting as PDF file.
Julia Franck, HR Consultant
+49 221 9738 484