Research & Analytics Actuary (d/f/m)
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
For our Unit Life/Health Global Underwriting and Research & Development we are seeking to appoint a Research & Analytics Actuary (d/f/m) based in our Cologne office starting as early as possible.
- Research and modelling to understand drivers of population and underwritten mortality
- Actuarial support in strategic research and analytics projects both in medical and mortality business
- Design and assessment of individual product elements in international and interdisciplinary teams of actuaries, market specialists, underwriting and claims managers
- Sporadic support in monitoring business implications of COVID‑19
- Analysis of primary insurance and reinsurance portfolios for the further development of calculation bases and pricing tools
- Presenting and discussing work results at internal and external events or in specialist publications
- Excellent university degree, preferably in mathematics, business mathematics or statistics
- Ideally, experience in life or health insurance, reinsurance or consulting sectors
- Practical experience in advanced analytics & statistics
- Excellent English skills
We offer you
- An international and highly professional working environment in a central location in Cologne.
- A pleasant working environment with flat hierarchies and a friendly and cooperative corporate culture.
- Attractive benefits, e.g. flexible working hours, company pension scheme, job ticket, underground parking, daycare facility for children, canteen and in-house sports activities.
Then we are looking forward to receiving your complete application stating your desired salary and earliest possible starting date.
Click here to download our job posting as PDF file.
Julia Franck, HR Consultant
+49 221 9738 484