Claims Specialist (d/f/m)
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
For our Unit Life/Health Europe, Latin America & MENA we are seeking to appoint a Claims Specialist (d/f/m) based in our Cologne office starting as early as possible.
- Claims assessment in life and health insurance in a holistic way with a special focus of life/disability cover and critical illness, especially for several international markets
- Tackling of issues and problems which will extend from legal, occupational, and medical assessments to economic analyses of specific cases
- Being involved in all activities connected with the claims process, e.g. intensive contacts with our international clients and colleagues and cooperation in/support for product development, seminars for associates and clients, and projects around all claim’s topics
- Degree in a legal or medical field of studies or business administration with the focus of insurance. However, for the right person a different background may also be taken into consideration.
- A keen interest in the economic interrelations of insurance and reinsurance
- Prior work experience or internship in insurance or reinsurance would be advantageous
- Interest in working in an international environment and willing to travel when required
- Capacity to work effectively in a team environment
- Solid software skills
- Fluent in English; a second language especially French or Arabic would be advantageous
We offer you
- An international and highly professional working environment in a central location in Cologne.
- A pleasant working environment with flat hierarchies and a friendly and cooperative corporate culture.
- Attractive benefits, e.g. flexible working hours, company pension scheme, job ticket, underground parking, daycare facility for children, canteen and in-house sports activities.
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, we look forward to receiving your complete application including your salary expectations and the earliest starting date.
Click here to download our job posting as PDF file.
Ellen Sistermann, HR Manager
+49 221 9738 547