Client Account Administrator
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
General Re Life currently offers an excellent opportunity for a Client Account Administrator in our Portland, ME or Stamford, CT office.
As part of the Operational team within the Life Health company, the Client Account Administrator role may encompass various functions including premium accounting, claims processing and other analysis for the accounts assigned. As a reinsurer, our client business partners are insurers or Third-Party Administrators (“TPA’s) of insurance.
- Processing of premium payments and statics through inhouse web-based processing system
- Research issues; map client values to standard values by analyzing treaty to ensure accuracy of data mapped
- Review, analyze, and present earnings, accruals, premium fluctuations, aged receivables and suspense amounts on a monthly basis
- Communicate statement fluctuations or issues monthly and quarterly regarding client experience and products
- Respond to internal and external client business partner inquiries
- Interpret, manage and maintain treaty information in order to verify treaty terms, including premiums, conduct client audits which will include both internal desk and on-site client audits
- Provide policy details and premium back-up support, as needed, for claims processing
- Proactively liaise with cash, underwriting, claims, and other departments to ensure client queries and issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Strong team player with the ability to build meaningful and productive relationships with clients and key partners within the company (e.g. Underwriting and New Business, Claims, IT, etc.).
- Work on special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field
- Strong working knowledge of Access, MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong customer service orientation for internal and external clients
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and deal effectively with multiple tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ensures strict confidentiality of client information
- Advanced PDF skills (create, edit, bookmark) preferred