Life Health Chief Underwriting Officer – Canada
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re has made the decision to enter the life and health reinsurance business in the Canadian marketplace through its Canada Branch. This role combines the excitement of a start-up opportunity with the full backing and support of one of the world’s foremost Reinsurance companies.
The successful candidate for this role will have significant experience in the underwriting of complex cases from both a medical and financial point of view.
The position will be located at the company’s offices in Toronto. The individual is permitted to work remotely 3‑4 days per week and will attend regular meetings and other events as scheduled.
Reporting to the Regional Manager of the Canadian Business, this is a varied role giving the incumbent breadth of scope from both a technical and client facing perspective within Gen Re Canada. The role includes underwriting oversight for individual and group life/health reinsurance business in Canada, helping develop the Canadian business through marketing activities, supporting the underwriting of cases, providing technical expertise, developing the local underwriting team as well as research work to support our clients and to highlight Gen Re’s expertise to the local market. The role will also involve interaction with other Gen Re locations including the UK, South Africa, Australia and the US offices.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Expertise in Medical and Non-medical underwriting including the ability to underwrite business that entails highly substandard multi-impairment type cases in a fast-paced underwriting environment.
- Leverage expertise when reviewing client underwriting manuals and guidelines to propose appropriate rating adjustments for the pricing of business.
- Work proactively to ensure clients are given sound and comprehensive information, while responding promptly to any additional requests while managing to timelines.
- Strong client facing skills – ability to interact with clients effectively to positively influence future opportunities.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with underwriting team and other internal stakeholders. Provide support and assistance to members of the underwriting team through the review of underwriting files, and provide guidance, information, advice as appropriate.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of products and apply logic and creativity when devising and offering products, services and solutions to clients and stakeholders.
- Contribute to initiatives that improve operational efficiencies, mitigate enterprise wide risk and ensure that the standards of underwriting policies and company guidelines are met.
- Keep up to date with new medical technologies, life, disability and critical illness underwriting trends and governance, and share new knowledge with the wider underwriting team.
- University level education ideally in a business, finance or economics-related discipline, combined with at least 8 years of underwriting experience with expertise in life underwriting and preferably with both critical illness & disability underwriting.
- FLMI, AALU or FALU designation is desirable, or underway, or a commitment to immediately undertake skills and leadership training and accreditation.
- Proven track record managing underwriting and client management responsibilities, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of reinsurance cases, processes, policies and regulations.
- Possess superior client-relationship skills, with an ability to establish strong, long-lasting relationships, and provide a high standard of care.
- A strong team player, integrates well and collaborates with team members; communicates honestly and constructively, is reliable, and takes the initiative to assist when needed.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. Combined with strong technical skills, possesses the ability to proactively identify issues and develop solutions that are timely, effective and satisfy both the client and the company.
- A self-sufficient and resourceful underwriting professional who demonstrates flexibility, efficient time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Possesses excellent communication skills with French/bilingualism an asset.
- Capable of clearly articulating decisions, is comfortable presenting and defending points of view, effectively listens and responds thoughtfully. Written communication is concise and error‑free.
- Possesses a high standard of integrity, loyalty and commitment, and can earn the trust of colleagues, senior management, internal and external stakeholders and clients.
The successful candidate will be paid a competitive compensation package, commensurate with the level, status and responsibilities of the role.
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, please send your resume to Linda Dalesio in Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org