Human Resource Generalist
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re currently offers an excellent opportunity for a Human Resource Generalist. The Stamford, CT office is the preferred work location. A flexible work arrangement including remote working will be considered for a right candidate.
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing tasks that support HR, as well as supporting the Payroll Department, for U.S. and Canadian associates. The Human Resource Generalist is expected to comfortably interact with internal and external clients and respond effectively to their questions and concerns.
- Processing Semi-Monthly Payroll, which includes:
- Data input via various internal and third-party interfaces
- Overtime and part-time pay calculations
- Direct deposit and taxing requests from associates
- Balancing data entry to ensure accuracy
- Calculating Cash funding requirement
- Entries and balancing into the SAP general ledger system
- Monitoring of Payroll regarding regulatory limits on U.S. and Canadian retirement plans
- Expatriate Payroll processing and taxation
- Interaction with Group Finance on Payroll related matters
- Interaction with various third-party providers
- Review of Payroll both pre and post transmission for accuracy
- Tracking of Associate Travel submitted quarterly to analyze patterns and any possible tax consequences
- Assist with the administration of US and Canada benefit plans
- Back-up to other Payroll and HR processes
- Special projects
- Handle Invoicing
- Process monthly and quarterly reports
- Minimum of 2+ of experience in Human Resources/Payroll Department
- Advanced knowledge of ADP Workforce Now is required
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent knowledge of specific PC applications, including Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Good customer service/client relations skills
- Solid organizational and self-management skills.
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks and projects to completion
- Work effectively in a team-based environment
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- High level of integrity with the ability to keep confidential information secure
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure and time constraints.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, please send your resume to Linda Dalesio in Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org