Research Actuary / Product Specialist (d/f/m)
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
For our Unit Global Life/Health Underwriting and Research & Development we are seeking to appoint a Research Actuary / Product Specialist (d/f/m) based in our Cologne office starting as early as possible.
- Research and modelling to quantify disease risk
- Development of life and health insurance products for our international primary insurance clients
- Identification and assessment of the insurance risks
- Design and assessment of individual product elements in international and interdisciplinary teams of actuaries, market specialists, underwriting and claims managers
- Analysis of primary insurance and reinsurance portfolios for the further development of calculation bases and pricing tools
- Presenting and discussing work results at internal and external events or in specialist publications
- Excellent university degree, preferably in mathematics, business mathematics or statistics
- Ideally, experience in life or health insurance, reinsurance or consulting sectors
- Practical experience in advanced statistical analysis
- Excellent English skills
We offer you
- An international and highly professional working environment in a central location in Cologne
- A pleasant working environment with flat hierarchies and a friendly and cooperative corporate culture
- Attractive benefits, e.g. flexible working hours, company pension scheme, job ticket, underground parking, daycare facility for children, canteen and in-house sports activities
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, we look forward to receiving your complete application including your salary expectations and the earliest starting date.
Click here to download our job posting as PDF file.
Julia Franck, HR Consultant
+49 221 9738 484