Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re is currently offering an excellent opportunity for a Paralegal in our Stamford, CT office.
The Paralegal will provide assistance with legal work which is reviewed and approved by supervising Attorney. This includes by not limited to:
- Responsible for accurate and timely filing of various regulatory statements
- Applies knowledge to assist with preparation of Statutory filings
- Support review of various draft contract language
- Manage and track all treaties and amendments
- Responsible for setting up all treaties appropriately in the appropriate tracking system
- Collaborates with team member to resolve issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- College degree
- 3+ years of corporate paralegal experience
- Prior experience with insurance regulatory filings a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within and outside of the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to make sounds decisions, use independent judgment, establish priorities and work effectively on multiple initiatives concurrently
- Ability to work independently
- Team player; collaborative, results-oriented