London Treaty Account Executive
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
General Reinsurance, London Branch (a subsidiary of General Reinsurance AG) is offering an excellent opportunity for an Account Executive in our London Treaty Team.
Member of the London Treaty Team responsible for the development and profitability of our treaty business in the UK and Ireland. The position has specific responsibility for client service activities in the region and is a key element of Gen Re’s external profile.
- Actively seeking to identify, generate and retain profitable treaty business;
- Implementation of, and contribution to, the local marketing strategy and delivery of Gen Re’s value proposition (People, Product, Promise);
- Communication and alignment of Gen Re’s strategy to client needs through the development of an intimate understanding of our client’s business and treaty purchasing requirements;
- Working closely with underwriters to agree and align marketing objectives, strategies and actions to the underwriting profitability goals for both the overall portfolio and target segments and/or clients;
- Keeping abreast of changes in the broader insurance marketplace and identifying/reporting reinsurance market developments and trends back to the treaty team;
- To work closely with clients and/or underwriters to give support in the design of new solutions and products;
- Responsible for the effective execution of all Account Executive responsibilities in the region;
- Building your own, and Gen Re’s, profile through the attendance of industry events, speaking engagements, publication of articles and the development of marketing material
The successful candidate will have proven skills in the following areas:
- Industry-related experience with a track record of developing client oriented solutions;
- The ability to build lasting relationships with clients;
- The ability to think quickly and offer creative solutions to problems;
- Advanced negotiation skills;
- Professionalism, team orientation, and a strong work ethic;
- A solid understanding of a broad range of Treaty products;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Does this sound exciting?
Please submit your CV together with details of your salary expectations and in your cover letter please let us know what interests you about the role and why you think you would be right for the position. Submissions should be sent to Human Resources: email@example.com, please put “London Treaty AE” in the title of the email.
Closing date: 24 April 2021
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.