Global Senior Underwriter (f/m/d)
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
For our Unit Global Underwriting and Research & Development Life/Health we are seeking to appoint a Global Senior Underwriter (f/m/d) based preferably in our Cologne office starting as early as possible.
As Global Senior Underwriter you will be responsible for driving best practice underwriting approaches through quality assurance, providing advice on in-principle underwriting questions and the assessment of single large or complex cases to support profitable underwriting growth for Life/Health.
- Identifying, enhancing and promoting best practices in risk assessment of individual life/health insurance risks
- Balancing business segment needs with underwriting control
- Appreciating and understanding reasons for differences in market practices
- Planning and participation in quality assurance / underwriting reviews (on-site/off-site)
- Documenting quality assurance / review results in a clear, concise, convincing and accurate manner
- Co-operatively debating opinions with senior underwriters
- Liaising with various internal stakeholders to support risk appetite specification and to enhance underwriting guidelines
- Contributing to the risk assessment of the interplay between new underwriting approaches, underwriting information and product design
- Driving global exchange on underwriting trends and related topics
- Supporting marketing activities and showcasing Gen Re’s technical excellence
- Proven proficiency in assessing or reviewing life insurance applications from different markets and for various benefits
- Well-rounded skill set across all risk elements (medical, financial, occupational, etc.)
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Good understanding of life and health reinsurance
- Ability to convincingly communicate complicated issues to a varied audience
- Excellent English skills
We offer you
- an international and highly professional working environment in a central location in Cologne
- a pleasant working environment with flat hierarchies and a friendly and cooperative corporate culture
- attractive benefits, e.g. flexible working hours, company pension scheme, job ticket, underground parking, daycare facility for children, canteen and in-house sports activities
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, we look forward to receiving your complete application including your salary expectations and the earliest starting date.
Click here to download our job posting as PDF file.
Ellen Sistermann, HR Manager
+49 221 9738 547