Pricing Actuary (d/f/m) for the Asian market
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
For our Unit Life/Health Asia we are seeking to appoint a Pricing Actuary (d/f/m) for the Asian market based in our Cologne office starting as early as possible.
- Provide pricing and product development support for products covering biometric risks such as health, critical illness and long-term care
- Support the Regional Chief Actuary in reviewing referrals and approving such referrals within granted authorities
- Manage data analytics projects
- Participate in presentations and seminars for clients in collaboration with colleagues
- Account management responsibilities can be considered
The position is a regional role dedicated to Life/Health Japan, Korea and South East Asia. You will work in an interdisciplinary team of actuaries, underwriters and medical doctors.
- Actuary, or on the way to fellowship
- Preferably 5 years of working experience in an insurance or reinsurance company, ideally with a product background
- Advanced knowledge in data analytics
- Ability to understand and solve complex issues and to make it understandable for stakeholders
- Familiarity with Asian culture and understanding of local business requirements would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including fluency in English
We offer you
- An international and highly professional working environment in a central location in Cologne.
- A pleasant working environment with flat hierarchies and a friendly and cooperative corporate culture.
- Attractive benefits, e.g. flexible working hours, company pension scheme, job ticket, JobRad, underground parking, daycare facility for children, canteen and in-house sports activities.
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, we look forward to receiving your complete application including your salary expectations and the earliest starting date.
Click here to download our job posting as PDF file.
Olivia Schalesi, Senior HR Consultant
+49 221 9738 319