Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
We are currently offering an excellent opportunity for an Auditor in our Stamford, CT office.
The Auditor reports to the North America Audit Manager and is responsible for contributing to the successful planning, execution, and completion of operational and compliance audits as well as special projects. The role includes evaluating the organization’s internal controls, processes, policies and procedures to ensure that they are adequate, effective, and in compliance with regulatory requirements such as the Sarbanes Oxley Act, Section 404, industry standards and corporate guidelines. The Auditor must follow generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS) and the internal audit guidelines. The Auditor is expected to effectively interact with the team, auditees, and Management.
- Assist team members with audit preparation, test plan development, and documentation requests
- Ensure audit execution is in alignment with the defined audit program and is in adherence with departmental standards
- Execute audit testing and evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls (Sarbanes Oxley compliance)
- Identify areas for improvement in client business processes by identifying potential audit issues
- Assist in the preparation of audit reports and presentation of findings to management
- Monitor the status of audit findings for appropriate resolution by the auditee
- Complete special projects and handle additional duties as necessary
- Maintain awareness of current industry trends, technology, and developments
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or other related degrees
- Minimum 2 years of experience preferable in internal/external audit within corporate environment
- Business experience in financial services, (re)insurance preferred
- Pursuing the CPA, CIA, and/or CPCU preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Effective listener, interviewer, and negotiator
- Ability to work in challenging situations, multi-task, flexible, and adaptable
- Ability to produce quality work in a timely manner
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Professional presentation during the audit process
- Strong analytical skills and follow-through
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Experience with SAP and SunGard general ledger systems would be desired, but not required