Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Our Unit Life/Health Asia is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified professional to be based in their Shanghai Office as Actuarial Analyst.
You are a member of the Shanghai Life/Health team contributing to the development and profitability of our business in China. You will support the Regional Chief Actuary in actuarial valuation, experience analysis and in-force portfolio management.
- Support valuation and statutory reporting through the review of reserves, ensuring accuracy of statutory reports and reporting potential risks to the Regional Chief Actuary
- Conduct analysis and experience studies to monitor portfolio performance and prepare the relevant reports
- Provide support in developing and refining best estimates and the preparation of reference documents
- Provide marketing support like conducting client training, publishing articles and presenting at conferences
- Participate in regional and international initiatives and projects
- A university graduate in Actuarial Studies or a nearly qualified Actuary
- At least 3 to 5 years of prior work experience in a life insurance or reinsurance company with good knowledge of regulatory requirements of the China market
- Solid actuarial knowledge with valuation background
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in Python, R or other statistical analysis tools advantageous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of English, both spoken and written
- Able to work independently as well as a strong team player
We offer you a
- highly professional working environment that values excellence, integrity, personal responsibility, diversity and optimism
- flat management hierarchy and team-based environment that promote collaboration and free-flowing communication
- performance-based remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualifications, and market competitive benefits
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, we look forward to receiving your application via our website.