Individual Life Modeling Actuary
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re Life currently offers an excellent opportunity for a Individual Life Modeling Actuary in our Stamford, CT office.
- Support actuarial modeling of Individual Life business using GGY-AXIS actuarial modeling software
- Develop, implement, and manage actuarial models and analysis tools
- Assist in the development of actuarial assumptions using experience studies
- Monitor the profitability of business through a formal review process, using appropriate reports and tools to analyze trends and results
- Understand all dynamics which impact on the profitability of the business and ensure that problems are discovered early
- Work with internal and external customers to develop win-win reinsurance solutions to complex business problems
- Willingness to work independently on large scale projects while prioritizing financial reporting deliverables
- Capable of working with a small group of business experts from varying disciplines (accounting, claims, underwriting, marketing)
- FSA or near-FSA with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Prior actuarial experience in actuarial modeling of Individual Life products for either a reinsurer or direct writer
- Familiarity with US statutory and US GAAP accounting for Individual Life products
- Expertise with GGY-AXIS modeling software
- Strong technology skills including Microsoft Access and Excel (including VBA), SQL or R is also preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management