Application Portfolio Governance Lead
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re currently offers an excellent opportunity for an Application Portfolio Governance Lead in our Stamford, CT office.
The Application Portfolio Governance Lead is a member of the Global Platform Services (GPS) team within the Global IT Organization. This is a multi-disciplinary role comprised of Application Portfolio Governance and Project Management. Candidate must have a strong background in technology, project management and governance, and must be highly adaptive. The candidate must be highly collaborative, organized and analytical, and is expected to partner effectively with other teams on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in the setup and launch of new programs/projects by ensuring high-level scope, budget, timeline, operating and governance model, staffing and key assumptions have been agreed by program/project sponsors
- Track in-progress programs/projects against scope, schedule, budget and risks/issues. Audit projects periodically as a second set of eyes for the Head of Global Platform Services
- Collaborate with other IT Governance Leads to ensure that the common Secured SDLC Framework remains current
- Facilitates quarterly GPS budget reviews
- Directly manage programs/projects when called upon
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Project Management Professional certification preferred Experience/Skills (8+ years)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Proven track record in delivering programs/projects on-time, on-budget and in-scope
- Strong conceptual thinking and communication skills – the ability to translate complex business and technical requirements into effective and comprehensible project plans
- Experience in the effective governance of third-party service delivery partners
- Understanding of the Microsoft Office suite including Project, Access and Visio
- Knowledge of IT Systems (e.g. Infrastructure, Applications and Data)
- Experienced in software development life cycle methodologies and current technology industry best practices
- Experience in the reinsurance and insurance industry is preferred but not mandatory