General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
General Reinsurance, Paris Branch (a subsidiary of General Reinsurance AG) is offering an opportunity for qualified Actuary in our Paris Life/Health Insurance Department.
This is a varied role which encompasses different aspects of the responsibilities of the actuaries within Gen Re Life and Health. The role includes producing quotations, providing technical actuarial expertise on existing business as well as more general pricing research work. There will be client contact and interaction with other departments in Paris and other Gen Re offices.
- Preparing quotations for reinsurance business, including basis-setting, obtaining sign off and production of premium rates.
- Conducting experience analysis investigations for the purposes of monitoring Gen Re’s own experience and for quotation purposes.
- Giving risk management input to product and process design.
- Client interaction and resolving technical issues for clients.
- Performing reserve reviews.
- Undertaking research to set general pricing bases (Terms of Trade).
- We are looking for an actuary who has proven experience in a French insurance or reinsurance environment in roles involving any of pricing, product development, reserving, protection insurance.
- Proficient user of MS Office, especially Excel. Coding skills in VBA, SQL, R or other statistical coding environments are required.
- Strong numerical and data analytical skills.
- An enquiring mind.
- Proactive and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, while remaining flexible to deal with changing work demands.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written skills, ability to summarize complex information clearly and concisely.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively as part of a team, deal with people at all levels and in all areas of the business and engage with clients.
- Fluency in French is essential (everyday working language) with very good English skills.
Does this sound exciting?
Please submit your CV and a covering letter containing your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Human Resources. Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Closing date: 31 December 2019