Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Our Unit Global Internal Audit is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified professional to be based in their Shanghai Office as Internal Auditor.
You are a member of the Global Internal Audit Unit responsible for conducting internal audits, with specific focus for the Asia region and ensuring compliance of our operations to regulatory and internal guidelines and standards.
- Independent processing of assigned sub-testing areas and areas of the global Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Compliance Program
- Identify and communicate control weaknesses and process improvements, make value-adding recommendations to management and track the recommended measures
- Ensure all audit tasks are performed in accordance with audit standards and internal guidelines
- Participate in further development of the global audit and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Compliance processes
- Keep abreast of (regional) regulatory developments, as well as internal and external business developments
- Participate in regional and global initiatives and projects
- Degree qualified or its equivalent in Finance/Accounting or Economics, with a focus on auditing and/or insurance
- Prior audit experience in the financial services industry, preferably with exposure to the insurance/reinsurance business
- Working knowledge of audit processes and standards, in particular Sarbanes Oxley Compliance or first experience in IT control testing, would be an advantage
- Ability to present complex topics in an easy-to-understand manner as well as to see the big picture
- Willingness to achieve high-quality results in a constantly changing environment
- Good command of English, both written and spoken
- Confident and convincing approach, great negotiating skills and assertiveness, ability to resolve conflicts effectively and pragmatically, strong team player
- Willingness to travel for work
We offer you a
- highly professional and inclusive work environment that values excellence, integrity, personal responsibility and the unique talent of each employee
- flat management hierarchy and team-based environment that promote collaboration and free-flowing communication
- market competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualifications, with a comprehensive suite of employee benefits
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, we look forward to receiving your application via our website.