Entering the Medigap Market Blog Series
With more than 3.5 million Baby Boomers qualifying for Medicare each year, a growing number of insurance carriers are considering entering the Medicare Supplement (Medigap) market. However, even for an experienced insurer, there’s much to understand about entering this market - how to set competitive and sustainable rates, what to anticipate for underwriting issues, and ways to tackle roadblocks that come up with sales and marketing.
Gen Re understands the many issues facing new entrants given our more than 25 years’ experience in the Medigap market. To help, we’ve created the “Entering Medigap Market” blog series to offer perspective on the important factors for launching a successful Medigap product. Our blogs cover a few of the key topics that may arise for an insurer seeking to enter the Medigap market competitively and sustainably.
- Is Medicare Supplement Insurance a Natural Fit for Your Portfolio?
- Beyond Medicare - Meeting the Needs of Senior Customers [Presentation]
- Medicare Supplement Rate Increases - No One Knows What They Don’t Know
- Medigap Underwriting – Is It Really All That Simple?
- Medicare Supplement - Is It Your Next New Product?
- Are You Minding the Gaps in Your Medigap Strategy?
In addition we have a white paper that offers insights into how to succeed in the senior market with Medigap.
If you’re interested in knowing more about how Gen Re can help you enter this market, feel free to contact me or visit www.genre.com/medsupp.