Property Claim Executive
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re currently offers an excellent opportunity for a Property Claim Executive in our Stamford, CT office.
The Property Claim Executive manages claims arising from the Property line of business. The Property Claim Executive protects Gen Re’s fiduciary interest and serves as an internal and external client resource by providing comprehensive claim knowledge and experience.
Position responsibilities include:
- Review new and existing Property claims to confirm coverage and initiate any necessary changes.
- Reviews payment requests to determine if they are payable.
- Issues claim payments on a timely basis.
- Ensure proper reserve projections are maintained on claim files by thoroughly reviewing the entire claim and recognizing the exposure.
- Maintain appropriate and necessary dialogue with client companies.
- Deliver “value added” service to companies that enables them to improve technical expertise and operational performance.
- Conduct onsite and online reviews of current client companies.
- Work with client companies in evaluating property damage estimates.
- CAT planning experience and experience in handling CAT claims.
- Identify subrogation potential on claim files.
- Identify and recommend property related vendors with the appropriate skill sets for the situation to achieve satisfactory results.
- Thoroughly document all files and timely close files.
- Prepare Large Loss Reports, as necessary.
- Fully comply with Gen Re Claims handling procedures.
- Conduct training sessions on property.
- Present to internal senior management and client companies on high exposure matters and emerging property trends.
- Performs other like duties as assigned.
- College degree required; advanced degree and/or industry designation (CPCU, etc.) preferred.
- Minimum 15 years in the insurance/reinsurance industry either managing high-exposure property claims and/or performance in a claim leadership position.
- Ocean Marine claims handling experience preferred.
- Essential to have the ability to recognize and assess claim exposure and analyze liabilities in multiple jurisdictions.
- Must possess the claims knowledge needed to manage property claim accounts.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and complete projects on a timely basis.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work.
- Strong analytical, writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company sensitive data.
- Needs to keep Claims Manager informed of activities and situations which will impact the achievement of corporate and department goals and objectives.
- Ability to perform other related duties as required to achieve the goals and objectives of the company and department.