Microsoft Directory Services Engineer
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re currently offers an excellent opportunity for a Microsoft Directory Services Engineer in our Stamford, CT office.
The Microsoft Directory Services Engineer will be responsible for the implementation and governance of the overall Identity Management and Directory Services environment for the General Re global enterprise. This role applies advanced IT concepts and governance techniques to function as the highest-level technical expert for this domain area. The Microsoft Directory Services Engineer will support the day-to-day operations and maintain the directory services environment for on-premise and cloud identities.
The Microsoft Directory Services Engineer will interface with multiple teams such as Security and Application Development to design, implement and maintain the directory services environment. The right candidate will provide the technical and governance skills required for planning, designing, and supporting this critical infrastructure component.
He or she must be an excellent communicator, with responsibility for interacting with the other technology teams and third-party managed service providers.
- Provide Technical and Operational Governance across the Gen Re Identity Management and Directory Services environment
- Design and Configure Active Directory Services to support both on-premise and Azure Cloud projects
- Work closely with Developers and Security Architects to engineer and deliver Directory Services – on time and above expectations.
- Develop scripts, libraries and Code Deployment Pipelines to automate and improve quality in deployment activities.
- Leverage platform Monitoring Services to keep up with SLA of platform performance using alerts/metrics.
- Provide troubleshooting and debugging support for projects and initiatives.
- Ensure that the service provided by managed service provider(s) are delivered against agreed SLAs or statements of work
- Identify and drive areas for service improvements in conjunction with the managed service provider
- Expert knowledge of core Active Directory components: DNS, Domain Controllers, Group Policy, Sites/Subnet design and deployment, replication topology, disaster recovery
- Experience with MS Azure including managing hybrid cloud deployments and associated management tools
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Business or Mathematics.
- Certification or expertise in one or more Cloud Platforms (AWS/Azure) is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of scripting and automation
- Demonstrate knowledge of IaaS, PaaS and Virtualization.
- Background in Consulting is preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more programming languages.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in IT, or similar industries.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Directory Services
- Ability to communicate effectively with end-users, business owners, developers, systems engineers and various levels of management.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Service Management oriented with strong commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to accomplish aggressive project goals when necessary.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and developing flexible solutions to meet evolving business requirements.
- Strong analytical and technical skills focusing on Microsoft technologies
- Demonstrated ability to deliver detailed technical documentation.
- Technical Skills Required
- On prem and Azure AD
- AD Sync, ADFS
- RBAC, PIM, PAM
- Modern Management platforms – Hybrid Domain Join, Azure AD Join, InTune
- LDAP/eDirectory (NetIQ/Novell)
- DevOps – Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, ARM, Azure DevOps, Powershell