Medical and Special Risk Underwriter
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, supported by over 1,500 employees worldwide, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Our Life/Health Underwriting Unit is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified individual to be based in our Paris Office.
- You will be responsible for analyzing, studying and selecting risks in medical, financial, professional, sports and travelling fields, based on the files sent by our clients.
- You will be invited to take part in visits to clients, presentations of our IT tools, training courses and underwriting or claims audits.
- You will work with the other underwriters under the responsibility of the CMO.
- You will be asked to collaborate with the other members of the branch in developing our customer relationships and partnerships.
- You will also be responsible for managing our customer database and deal with marketing campaigns.
- You have between 3 and 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- A very good command of English (oral and written) is essential.
- A very good command of office tools is required.
- You are organized and diligent, curious and active but discreet. You are able to analyze and synthesize in a relevant way both orally and in writing. You are service- and client-oriented and enjoy teamwork.
This is a permanent contract based in Paris. Some business trips in France and to Cologne may be required.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Please click here to download the job posting in French.