Life Underwriting Rules and Standards Underwriter
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re Life is currently offering an excellent opportunity for a Life Underwriting Rules and Standards Underwriter in our Stamford, CT office within the Finance unit.
- Collaborate with Medical Directors, Senior Vice President Chief Underwriter, Chief Life Underwriter, Chief Individual DI and CI Underwriter and Chief Underwriter Group and Supplemental Benefits in the creation and maintenance of automated and accelerated underwriting rule sets for individual Life, DI and CI products, as well as Medicare Supplement, and Group Life EOI products, so they are available for client requests.
- Collaborate with WinRisk (Underwriting Administration System) replacement team for integration of auto and AU underwriting rules.
- Manage ongoing competitive analysis of industry underwriting requirements/guidelines for Individual Life, Individual DI and Med Supp product lines, and prepare summary reports for clients as a value-added service.
- Assist in analysis of client underwriting requirement/guideline change requests.
- Underwrite facultative cases as time allows.
- Assist in underwriting analysis related to client RFP work.
- Work with Underwriting and Actuarial to help determine slippage associated with AU and the give up of FU requirements associated with client AU programs.
- Develop Behavioral Economics (BE) skillset to back up and collaborate with Senior VP, Chief Underwriter on BE projects for clients.
- Collaborate with Market Research team on underwriting specific “Market Checks” for life and health products.
- Assist in generating industry presentations from work products and serve on industry/meeting committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of life underwriting experience with hands on experience creating automated/accelerated underwriting rule sets and participating in data analytics and cost/benefit studies
- Knowledge of industry vendors and practices
- Experience designing Life/Health Insurance applications and Tele-interview/Personal History Interview scripts
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel and MS Office Suite
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a demanding environment
- Experience in delivering projects with little guidance while working and communicating effectively with and through various department representatives and levels of management
- Focused, results oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with senior leaders and clients
Please send your resume to Linda Dalesio in Human Resources: email@example.com