General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, supported by over 1,500 employees worldwide, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Our Global Finance Unit is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified individual to be based in their Hong Kong Office as Finance Manager.
As Head of Finance, Hong Kong you are responsible for the finance and accounting, tax, regulatory reporting and compliance functions of our Hong Kong Office. You will additionally manage the reporting and accounting requirements for our Beijing Office.
- Financial management including budgets, cost control, cash flow management, profits distribution and operating performance assessment
- Manage key financial and management reporting
- Provide reliable and accurate financial information to both internal and external clients
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and tax reporting
- Facilitate the risk and solvency management process, in coordination with the Chief Executive and Head Office
- Liaison for Head Office Tax and external tax agents and local authorities; and be familiar with tax developments in Hong Kong and its implications to our business
- Establish and maintain effective communication with external authorities
- Ensure effective and efficient management of office facilities and administrative support
- Lead and manage the local Finance team
- Participate in regional and international initiatives and projects
- Degree qualified and/or other recognized professional accounting qualifications
- At least 8 years of relevant experience preferably in an insurance or reinsurance company
- Prior audit experience an advantage
- Working knowledge of local financial, regulatory and tax reporting requirements particularly relating to insurance/reinsurance industry
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred
- Proficient in both spoken and written English and Mandarin
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong team player
We offer performance-based remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed resume and day contact number via email to Human Resources at email@example.com.