Data Management Analyst
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re Life currently offers an excellent opportunity for a Data Management Analyst in our Portland, ME office.
As an integral part of the Gen Re Life Operations team, this role will be a key contributor in building out a comprehensive data management and quality program for a data driven organization. This role focuses on ensuring the efficient and effective operation and usage of data across all product lines such as Individual Life Insurance, Long-term Care, Critical Illness, Medicare Supplement, and Disability Insurance. This role interfaces with both internal and external customers.
Position responsibilities include:
- Oversee ingestion of carrier data into internal data warehouses.
- Utilize tools to analyze, query and manipulate large data sets required.
- Develop and maintain data standards to enhance overall data quality.
- Maintain client data file and field mappings to internal standards.
- Monitor and report on data accuracy.
- Resolve and document data quality errors and other clean-up initiatives.
- Deliver superior customer service.
- Provide end-users support including business queries and requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Science or related field required. Will consider recent college graduate.
- Experience in data analysis and reporting on large data sets using complex SQL.
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Excel and Access.
- Understanding of data warehousing and relational database schemas.
- Willingness and ability to take ownership and initiative on tasks and projects.
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust priorities throughout the day.
- Ability to work collaboratively throughout the organization by establishing effective working relationships with all departments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Master Data Services (MDS), SSIS ETL, and stored procedure (T-SQL) preferred.
- Experience with VB/ASP.net programming language preferred.
- Knowledge of Insurance or Re-insurance domain preferred.