Actuarial Associate (f/m/d) Latin America
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
For our Unit Life/Health International we are seeking to appoint an Actuarial Associate (f/m/d) Latin America based in our Cologne office starting as soon as possible.
The position of Actuarial Associate focuses on the insurance market of Latin America and the Caribbean. It involves the acquisition, servicing and active cultivation of relationships with our clients and includes a broad range of tasks:
- Actuarial analysis and assessment of life insurance portfolios for the purposes of risk management, planning and quotation
- Drawing up reinsurance treaties
- Evaluating life insurance products in relation to best risk management practices
- Supporting product development
- Presentations and training measures for clients
- Marketing activities, including giving presentations at conferences and writing articles
- Participation in international projects
- Excellent university degree in mathematics, actuarial science or a related discipline
- Strong interest in the economic interrelation of insurance and reinsurance
- Prior work experience or internship in insurance or reinsurance would be advantageous
- Fluent English and Spanish are required
- Interest in working in an international environment
- Very good familiarity with MS Office, especially Excel, and ideally in data analysis tools
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Capability to work effectively in a team environment
- High degree of involvement and creativity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
We offer you:
- An international and highly professional working environment in a central location.
- A pleasant working atmosphere with flat hierarchies and a friendly and cooperative corporate culture.
- Attractive fringe benefits, e.g. flexible working hours, canteen, underground parking spaces, ticket for local public transportation, company pension.
Then we are looking forward to receiving your complete application stating your desired salary and earliest possible starting date.
Click here to download our job posting as PDF file.
Anna Lamm, HR Consultant
+49 221 9738 948